I've had many totally cool experiences in my day...although most of them are probably only considered cool by me. But about a week and a half ago, I experienced I think what must be the coolest thing EVER. My brother, Brett, has been talking to random strangers in the street, acclimating himself to strange food, parting his hair, and tracting his little tushy off for the past two years in London, England. On June 11th, I got to watch that same little tushy walk out of the airport terminal toward me (although, my eyes were admittedly focused on his face and not on his hind end...which is probably a good thing). It was one of the most amazing sights ever (his face, I mean). But I think the best part was probably watching my mom steamroll a couple old ladies to reach him.
Pictures speak louder than words, so I think I'll just post some of them.
The fam waiting for Elder Brett to make his long-awaited appearance. They look awfully tense.
I just noticed that.
Brett struggling to maintain his balance while my mother attempts to strangle him
Brett adjusting the fact that AJ is now as tall as he is. It was a significant blow to his ego.
Despite the death-by-combover, doesn't he look amazing?
This was so rare a happening, that I had to capture it on film. AJ...working. Somebody pinch me.
Speaking of an experience like no other, my gorgeous cousin Breanne was sealed to her boyfriend-now-husband Josh Bishop a week ago. Breez and I, along with our cousins Ali and Brittney, have been best buds since we were tiny. She's the first of our foursome to tie the knot. It was so awesome, and yet so weird to see (I think the weirdness is due to the fact that she is actually two years younger than me...sigh). I'm so happy for her though. She is one-of-a-kind. Here are some pictures of the blessed event.
Breez and Josh emerging from the Boise temple
The cousins playing Egyptian Rat Screw, and being ever-so-reverent in the process, at the stake center as we waited for the ceremony to end.
The good behavior continues...the cousins consuming the food of another church group in said stake center.
Little angels.
AJ, Troy, Bretty, and Brock posing with our bridesmaid bouquets. Notice how they're all weirdly the same height...freaky genetics.
In the past couple weeks, I have been reminded how important family is. How on earth would we live without them? Even when we think we might actually rather live without them, life has a way of showing us how much we need them. What amazing blessings the plan of salvation and eternal families are!! Heavenly Father is so smart.
2 comments:
Wow Brett still looks the same. He hasn't changed a bit.
I couldn't agree more!!! I remember so Clearly the day Bryson got home!! There really are no words to describe the feeling; it's so incredible!! I'm glad you got to have this great experience and I'm even more glad that you get to go back to England!! (And you even have your own personal tour-guide!) Have SSOOO much fun!! And don't forget to post as soon as you get back!! :)
Post a Comment