I am this close (imagine me holding my fingers about a nanometer apart) to committing myself to some kind of mental institution. I had a dream last night about financial statements, I'm so tired I feel like I don't have fingers or toes anymore, I'm more in tune with my coworkers' schedules than my own, and I have NEVER spent so much time staring at a computer screen in my life. Not even when I was on that One Tree Hill kick a while back. AND I'm constantly reminding myself that I willingly signed up for this.
Hello, busy season.
For those of you who ever take the time to wonder whether or not I'm still living, I'm not. Or I soon won't be. I'm going to die, buried in paperwork and red auditing pencils. That, or I'm going to drop dead right on my laptop keyboard from sheer exhaustion. So if you come to my viewing and I have "dfghjk" imprinted on my forehead as I'm lying there in my casket, you'll know what happened. What a sophisticated way to die. Dignity, always dignity.

5 comments:
hmm...sounds like you need a girls night out!
Lauren! I love you! I am so sorry your life is so busy right now but the way you put it sure put a smile on my face! I agree with Britt! Girls night! It will involve lots of EATING of course! And possibly a chick flick! :) What do you think?!
You can't die I need you. Especially now with everything that is going on in my life. If you die I probably will too. Let me know when you're free in March or April. Take a relaxing day for a facial and a pedicure. You might need it after all you're going through. I am glad you blogged after a few months. I love you girl!
Oh my gosh you are hilarious! I totally miss you and love your post - because I understand! (Okay, so maybe I haven't started working busy season hours yet, but Matt has, and I will soon!) So I'm thinking of you, and excited to hang out with you in April :)
I love you Lauren we need a play date (as soon as you are done with your busy season) and before my busy season at the hospital- (9 months after Homecoming j/k);) I believe in you! Lots of love!
Post a Comment