Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

-Mark Twain

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Can I take a breath please?

This weekend has been unbelievably busy for me, but it has been so much fun! Besides the incredible amount of homework my professors saw fit to saddle me with, I spent a lot of time playing, which was a much-needed distraction from the unbelievably boring life that is mine. I threw a "collective birthday party" with my pal Brittany for our adorable primary class on Friday. It was so much fun and they are so dang cute! Here are some pictures of the blessed event...

This is Caleb and Brennon posing for the camera while eating their cake and ice cream.


Ashlynne and Nina


Nina and Ashlynne playing "Guess Who"


Caleb teaching Brennon how to play "Yahtzee". It was so adorable.


Brit and I. I absolutely love this girl.


The kids playing tag. They had to stay either on the grass or on the cracks in the sidewalk. It was hilarious to watch them.


Ashlynne jumping cracks.


My busy weekend continued on Saturday when I helped my mom out with a service project for the Relief Society. We gathered baby supplies for the humanitarian center and so I spent the morning counting diapers and jars of baby food. It was actually a lot of fun...the women in my ward are amazing! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of this. 

After the service project, I rushed home to change and then went to pick up my buddy Tom to go to Lagoon. I haven't been in YEARS and it was even more fun than I remember! We went on everything, and had such an amazing time! He's great. Here are some pictures from our fun day...


Tom enjoying his two churros. He said he could eat at least five, but I didn't give him the opportunity to make me sick by proving it to me.


Tom and I posing in front of Dracula's Castle (which we did not go on...)


Tom and I...just as a disclaimer, I got soaked on Cliffhanger and my hair was an absolute disaster...it was really embarrassing.


Unfortunately, I had to drag Tom out of Lagoon around 5:30pm because I had to take my little sister Emily to the Utah vs. Weber State football game at 6:00pm. We didn't get there till about 7:30pm, and we only caught the last half of the game, but it was a really fun sister date. She is so dang cute, I just adore her. Here's a picture of the two of us as we watched our team spank Weber State 37-14...




Now I just have to put together my primary lesson for Sunday, finish writing a paper, do my stupid Advanced Corporate Taxation reading and problems, read a chapter in my Financial Reporting textbook, do a case study for my Audit class, and study for my Computer Security exam. Excellent.

4 comments:

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

Hey Lauren cute blog! Where did you get the cute background? You seem really busy with your new BUDDY Tom. Devin and I were just arguing about what brother we think he looks most like. I say Matt he says Andy. It totally Matt. Any way let me know when you want to make jam and grape juice. I think it's funny you think I am this little homemaker. Honey I get my lasagna from the freezer section at the store.

Unknown said...

Lauren,

You are simply adorable. Welcome to the banwagon. Sit down and enjoy the ride because it will most likely take over your entire life. But, I figure, we are just following the prophet. Did you know you can print out your blog pages? It's like a journal and a scrapbook in one! Talk about keeping a record of your life!!!! Well, I just love and enjoy you very much! I hope you are having a fabulous day!

Deveryjane said...

You are so cute!!! And YAY you're a blogger now!! Isn't it crazy that I have a 1 year old?

JLeFevre said...

Cute blog Lauren :) I love being able to keep up with what is going on in your life when I don't see you as often- Love you lots! Call me sometime to play!