Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

-Mark Twain

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Story of My Life...as told by iTunes

I've seen a lot of these lately and I thought it sounded like fun, so I decided to do it. Go to iTunes (or the music player of your choice) and shuffle your entire library. Answer each question with the next song that comes up. No cheating (i.e. skipping songs or writing one on purpose)! It’s funnier just to see what pops up. Here's what my computer spat at me. Some of them are AMAZINGLY accurate. I think my computer's been consorting with a few of you.


How does the world see me?
Song: The Entertainer 
Artist: Billy Joel 
Comments: Hardly. I think there are few people out there more boring than myself. 

Will I have a happy life?
Song: The Woman I Was Before 
Artist: Stacy Peters & Tyler Castleton 
Comments: Hmmm...this seems to be telling me that I'm digressing. Apparently if I want to be happy, I need to become "The Woman I Was Before." Anybody care to remind me of who I was before I became who I am?

What do my friends really think of me?
Song: In Love With a Girl 
Artist: Gavin DeGraw 
Comments: What?! I certainly hope I don't give that impression...

Do people secretly lust after me?
Song: Out of My Mind 
Artist: SheDaisy 
Comments: Hmmm. Apparently not. 

What should I do with my life?
Song: Your Guardian Angel 
Artist: Red Jumpsuit Apparatus 
Comments: Either I'm supposed to ask my guardian angel for his thoughts on this, or else I'm supposed to commit suicide and apply for his job. 

How can I make myself happy?
Song: Dreaming of You 
Artist: Celine Dion 
Comments: Well that's great news, but unfortunately the iTunes gods have neglected to inform me of whom I'm supposed to be dreaming. I'm open to suggestions.

Why should life be full of so much pain?
Song: Sweet Kisses 
Artist: Jessica Simpson 
Comments: I completely concur...nearly every kiss I've experienced has been excruciating. Come to think of it, this particular song is pretty painful to listen to, as well.

Will I ever have children?
Song: Boy for Sale
Artist: Oliver! Soundtrack 
Comments: Apparently only if I purchase them.

Will I die happy?
Song: I Feel Bad
Artist: Rascal Flatts 
Comments: I prefer not to contemplate too deeply the implications of this. I love this song, though. If I can die listening to it, I'll be happy.

What is some good advice for me? 
Song: Hero/Heroine
Artist: Boys Like Girls
Comments: Superhero Academy, here I come! That or the nearest druggie hangout, I guess.

What is happiness? 
Song: House of Faith
Artist: Jenny Jordan Frogley
Comments: Wow, this is incredibly apropos. This song is all about the temple. I don't think you can get a clearer perspective of happiness.

What is my favorite fetish? 
Song: True Love's Kiss
Artist: Amy Adams/Enchanted Soundtrack
Comments: How embarrassing! But since my life is completely devoid of any kind of romance, no one can begrudge me a little fantasizing...

How will I be remembered? 
Song: Zombie
Artist: Miser 
Comments: How rude.


This was actually a lot of fun, despite my computer's not-so-entertaining sense of humor. 
Try it!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha! I love you! I am going to try this when I finally get on a computer that has an i-tunes account! Miss you!