I've heard this phrase over and over again, and each time it fills me with a sense of hopeless frustration. I've had long blonde hair my entire life, and the older I've gotten, the more I've realized that long blonde hair puts you at a distinct disadvantage in many circumstances. Those of you in the blonde boat know exactly what I'm talking about. The most irritating part is the automatic assumption that because your hair is a couple shades lighter than the next girl's, you were strangely absent on the day brains were handed out.
Because of this gross injustice, I've wondered for years what I would look like and how my life would change if I decided one day to up and go dark. In all honesty, I don't really think I will ever have the necessary guts, but I really wanted to see the difference, nevertheless. Enter Mary Kay Virtual Makeover. This is seriously the coolest program I think I have ever seen. It was suddenly a piece of cake to get a sense of what I would look like not only with a different hair color, but a different hairstyle...something I have changed only once in my life. I was eleven at the time, and the mistake was so pronounced that I have never had the heart to risk it again. So, after spending a couple hours messing around on Mary Kay's website last night, here are some of my favorite hairstyle/color combinations. For those of you who are used to my sunny tresses (which, by all accounts should be every single one of you), prepare yourself for a slight shock...
Fun, huh? I think I like the last one the best. Again, I'm too chicken to actually do it, though. If you want to try it, just get on Mary Kay's website and click on "Virtual Makeover". You can do makeup and stuff too...good way to waste some time and get a valuable education in the process.






7 comments:
I so know what you mean about blondes and their absent minds. I get a lot of people who are shocked with the fact that I am a straight a student and a member of Phi Kappa Phi. On the bright side though I guess we get the best of both worlds. We can be consider practically brainless while all the while taking over the world. LOL. I too, like the last pic. I have styled and dyed my hair a couple of times and, when I have had it done by a professional, I have absolutely LOVED it!
So I think you look great dark! But... Blondes rock. Don't change a thing!!!
I love it! Please go dark! That would be the most fun thing in the world! I will do it with you. Or not. But still, you should. Or at least cut it! Be Bold miss winder!
Lauren I like the last one, but I LOVE the one with the short hair #4. You look even more gorgeous. I can't stop staring. I honestly wish you would try it out.
ok-totally feel ya on the blonde thing!!! (I suppose I'm not the smartest blonde in the shop, but I'm definately not the worst! unfortunately, we all get the rep. anyway.) But I REALLY (and I mean really) like the second to last one! I had to take a double look because some of them didn't look like you, but I think I'm going to have to give this website a shot! looks like fun!
Okay so I saw the Mary Kay Virtual Makeover idea and have to tell you how glad I am you did this!! I have ALWAYS wondered the same as you...should I make a change?! Ah! Nothing is more stressful to consider! haha I'm definitely going to have to try this little baby out. Thanks again!
I totally tried this after reading your post. So FUN! However, I love your blonde hair and have always been jealous of your golden waves. Bask in your blonde glory =) trust me.
Post a Comment