Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

-Mark Twain

Friday, June 4, 2010

Emancipation and Aggravation

Ladies and gents, it is time. You know, THAT time. The time that comes for most normal people around the age of 18 or 19, but for me didn't hit until the ripe old age of 24. I am finally, officially, and irrevocably MOVING OUT. I love my family very dearly ('cause honestly, who wouldn't?), but I feel this weird sense of urgency to be on my own. I'm not really sure where it came from...maybe it was that book my mom gave me for Christmas, oh-so-subtly entitled "On Your Own." Gee, thanks.

So anyway, I've been contemplating getting an apartment with my truly splendid cousin/bosom buddy, Alison Marie Winder, for several months now. She just graduated from USU with her dietetics degree (HOORAY for Ali!), and has moved those cute little buns back to the Salt Lake Valley where they, along with the rest of her, keep me company in my painfully single-and-lacking-in-any-kind-of-meaningful-social-intercourse state of affairs. Unfortunately though, the current job market doesn't appear to approve of our cousins-turned-roomies scheme. So, instead of waiting for said job market to cooperate, I went ahead and got my own place. It's a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment on the east side (sorry, Mom), big enough for darling Ali to move in whenever she is so inclined, but inexpensive enough for me to afford if she is disinclined.

I haven't actually SEEN my apartment yet, just one like it, so I can't post any pictures of it. And quite frankly even if I could, I wouldn't, because it would be white walls, tan carpet and not much else. So instead I'm just posting a picture of what the complex looks like. I figured that was the next best thing.

Home sweet home

After I actually get my eager little mittens on the keys to the place (June 15th), bribe my dad, brothers, and any other male acquaintances I can beg, borrow, or steal to move my furniture into it (June 17th-19th), and decorate it attractively (probably August of 2027, if it's left up to me), I will post pictures of the interior. So don't plan on seeing those anytime soon.

Oh, and just for the record, it feels like June 15th is sprinting in the opposite direction at top speed. I swear it's further away now than it was last Christmas. It's killing me off. I have half the number of hairs on my head that I did two weeks ago.

3 comments:

The Godfreys said...

those apartments are so cute! How exciting for you! :)

Unknown said...

You are so entertaining. I am so unbelievably excited for you. Moving out is #1 on the list of best things to do while you are single. I highly encourage it for after you are single too :). Maybe I'll get an invite to this humble abode of yours. I would totally offer to help you move, but my current circumstances don't allow for my "heavy lifting". Although, pulling myself out of bed each morning isn't exactly a "light load". Anyways, I love you. It was so fabulous to see you on Saturday. Thanks for everything! The End.

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

Oh girl I'm so excited to see your apartment. And I'm excited that you will be living on the East side with me! It'll be so fun. I would help you move, but I'm not really allowed too. I could always help you put your silverware and plates and stuff away. That's if you need me. If you need anyone to go look at home decor stores with you I am more than willing. You use to go with me. I can't wait. My Lauren is growing up! J/K