Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

-Mark Twain

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Update...Or Something Like It

I think I'm just going to establish a rule that Lauren only blogs every six months. That way I don't feel so stupid every time I actually get around to doing it. But it's hard to find reasons to blog when you don't have a gorgeous male appendage about whom to gush or a handful of adorable mini-me's about whom to brag. And let's be honest, that's usually the only reason anybody reads blogs anyway--to compare the relative and respective cuteness of so-and-so's hubs and kiddies to their own. Well, that's why I read blogs, anyway. Only technically I play the objective judge, because I get to compare all of your familial accomplishments with absolutely no reference to my own failures. It's actually quite liberating. So if anybody wants to know the current ranking, let me know.

As for an update on the last six months (which I have to provide so nobody gets stuck on the afore-mentioned familial failures), here's what I've been up to:

I spent four solid months looking something like this:


Although now and then I probably looked like this:


Then spent the next solid month doing this:


And watching WAY too much of this:


I unfortunately discovered this:


And therefore, spent a lot of time here:


Which led to a lot more of this:


Last week, I got lucky and my firm sent me here:


Where I got even luckier and went here:


And that brings us up to this week, which has been pretty uneventful thus far. But just for good measure, tomorrow I get to "glam up" and go here:


And that revelation sets me one step ahead of the curve. I am now officially blogging about the future, which means I am caught up. Thus, I conclude. See you in December.


4 comments:

The Godfreys said...

you make me laugh! I love your sense of humor. You have been quite busy and I am so jealous you went to Disneyland! What fun!

Unknown said...

Haha...I love it. For the record, I LOVE when you blog. So please, don't wait until Christmas. When I was a single, motherless gal, much like yourself, I still blogged....a lot. And people commented on my blogs a lot more than they do now. So that leads me to believe that WE (the old, married, moms) are the boring ones. :) Miss you!

Deveryjane said...

You are adroable! I miss your face. What's my ranking? lol

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

Lauren all I have to say is you're officially crazy. Maybe if you didn't work so much and hung out with me you would be sane again. I love your new picture by the way. You are still so gorgeous! Love you!