I feel like I start out the vast majority of my posts talking about my inability to blog more than once in a blue moon. Therefore, in the revolutionary spirit of new leaf turning, we're going to ignore the fact that I am fast approaching the one-year anniversary of my last post. Onward!
I have no doubt that this will be difficult to believe, but I actually have had a few experiences in the past year that honestly were worth blogging about. Really. I went on a Caribbean cruise! Me! I also visited Washington DC and educated myself on our nation's noble history (as well as on the general uselessness of our various government bodies)! Indeed!
But I'm not going to write about either of those experiences today. Nope. Today's post is slated for a purpose apart. Today is a monumental day. Today is the day that NOBODY saw coming, especially me. Today is the day in which the general populace will stick their heads out of their windows just to verify that the sky is not, indeed, falling. Today is the day that all my friends and family will shake their heads and wonder how the earth could stray so far from its axis as to bring about this bizarre and unforeseen turn of events. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, today is THAT day. Brace yourselves. Hold on to your hats, shorts, dentures, and anything else not firmly planted, because today, TODAY is the day that Lauren Winder is announcing her engagement. That's right, to be married.
For those of you that may (understandably) require proof of said engagement...
Once you've all had a chance to pull yourselves up off of the floor, allow me to introduce the gorgeous slice of masculinity that is to become my husband. His name is Bryan Farnsworth. He is beautiful. He is wonderful. He is of good report and praiseworthy, and ladies, he's all mine.
Just by way of background (so I don't have to tell this story twelve times later on), we met about eight months ago through my cousin, Rebecca Bunkall Squire (to whom we will be eternally indebted), who is a close friend of Bryan's from high school. We dated exclusively from our first date, and...ended up here. Which, I'm pretty sure, is the most boring courtship story in the world, but I have to admit, it sounds pretty celestial from where I'm standing. The wedding is set for October 18th in the Salt Lake Temple, one week shy of the anniversary of our first meeting.
I know I have largely used this blog as a humorous (hopefully) conduit for my complaints about remaining chronically single, but I do want to clear something up right now. I do not regret remaining single for so long. What I have now was worth all the frustration, all the bad dates, all the ugly DTRs, and every second of loneliness. So worth it. And nobody has more to be thankful for than I do.



1 comment:
Woot Woot! I knew it was coming, but like you didn't know when. Get over here and show me that gorgeous ring!
Post a Comment