Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

-Mark Twain

Friday, October 3, 2008

Go UTES!

Okay, so last night was one of the coolest moments in Ute football history! I don't know how many of you actually saw the game, but the Utes were down 20-28 to Oregon State with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The Utes scored a touchdown and then got a 2-point conversion to tie the game. They held off Oregon through another 4 downs and got the ball back, letting the clock run until there were 2 seconds left. Then they brought in my own personal hero, Louie Sakoda, who kicked a field goal to win!! Now granted, we should never have gotten behind in the first place, but it was such an unbelievable comeback, I don't even care! Here are some pictures from the game.


Here's my cute sister Emily who is probably a bigger Utah fan than I am. That's pretty impressive...


Me and my friend Tom right after the Utes won


Emily and my dad during the second quarter (the Utes were doing alright then...)


The fans (the MUSS mostly) storming the field after the last-second win

GO UTES!!

5 comments:

Kelsie Thueson said...

Lauren Ann Winder!!! I just think you're amazing. And that's all. email me kelsie.mccleary@gmail.com so we can converse through this blogging business more often!

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

Lauren all I can think of is GO UTES!!! How do you get the play list on your blog?

Deveryjane said...

You are so adorable! My parents were at that game... I am so jealous! So... Is Tom like your boyfriend? Sorry i'm nosey!But I still wanna know!

Deveryjane said...

Well you should date him. He is cute! GO LAUREN!! I'll chant it to encourage you if you would like but it might embarrass you.

Anonymous said...

GO UTES!!!! YEAH!!! Hooray for the red and white!