Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

-Mark Twain

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Eliminate" Debt!

Don't you hate those infomercials that come on the radio with some overly enthusiastic guy shouting at you that he can help you "eliminate" your debt and get your finances back on track? All you have to do is pay him ten easy installments of $99.95, and you're on your way to a fantastically debt-free future! Oh, please, sign me up, because everyone knows that if you're trying to get your finances in order, the best way to do it is to incur more debt in the process! Just ask Congress.  

The thing that irks me so much about these stupid infomercials is that they are completely irresponsible and devoid of common sense. The one I heard today said, "Do you want to be completely debt-free? My program doesn't CONSOLIDATE debt, it ELIMINATES it!" Well I hate to break it to you, but the the only way to eliminate debt is to PAY it, and believe me, it's much easier to pay it on your own then to pay someone else to help you pay it. I don't know why, but for some reason, the minute I heard this commercial today, I wanted to reach through the radio and strangle the sticky-fingered, greasy-haired, toothy-smiled con-man. The LAST thing our economy needs right now is greedy, idiot "financiers" trying to help people pay their bills by causing them to incur new ones. Morons.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm... you sound very bitter miss winder. Good thing we are the bright future that is going to turn this economy around...or something like that. I miss you! Please come see me, or I will come see you. Either way, it would do my heart good to see your beautiful face! P.S. 4 weeks of school left!!!! (for me at least!)

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! well said!